Vector magnets or vector rotate superconducting magnets offer a range of experimental opportunities through the ability to tilt and rotate the magnetic field vector electrically, rather than mechanically. In our Magnet Systems Group we have the design and manufacturing expertise to offer you:
- The ability to tilt and rotate the magnetic field vector in two or three axes
- Optical access to your sample by using a complete set of split pair coils, typically with sample access (for example, VTI) in the vertical z-axis and optical access in the horizontal x- and y-axes
- Cryofree vector magnets integrated in our Triton dilution refrigerators or our TeslatronPT integrated magnet/VTI systems
- Compatibility with all Oxford Instruments experimental inserts
- Easy to use magnetic field vector control with dedicated vector rotate software
- Flexibility of magnet operation in swept field or persistent modes
We also offer custom vector magnets so please contact us to discuss your requirements.